Monday, January 18, 2010

Reading a Book!

I have a habit of reading books since long, there are lot of books I listed down to read and started reading but due to my complacency in reading till the end has led me to leave many of them incomplete. Now time came to revisit all of those which are incomplete and I've taken up a completion project, rather I call it a mission.

The very first book I've read completely is "My Experiments with Truth" by M.K. Gandhi. It took me around 17 days to complete this one. For the sake of reading I've completed this book but most of the concepts are far from understanding, and that is the reason why I've spent another 15 days with the same book. The same book alone stood in my completed reading catalogue for very long until I started reading my next book...

"Wing of Fire" is my second book which is also an auto biography of a great scientist and visionary.

Both the books have some similarities in them, both are great people and have their vision clear in every step! Both are inspiring personalities for the generations.

Just after completing these two biographies I've started collecting some personality development books, thought essential to learn and grow in professional and personal life...

First in this row is "You can Win" by Shiv Khera. This book has created lasting impact on my way of looking at things and understanding them. This is the point where I've started to learn from each and every aspect of life, from a simple conversation to a good seminar.

This is the point where my quest for reading has got increased by double fold and there came an array of books into my collection, including..
Who Moved my Cheese
One Minute Manager
The Monk who Sold his Ferrari
Think and Grow Rich

Some of the best books in my collection..

No comments: